As a Lincoln breeder and spinner, we always have a lot of Lincoln wool stashed
in various corners of the house.  Lincoln lamb fleeces can be soft and not
prickly to the touch when spun, but not all of them.  There are definitely
fleece differences that can be the result of genetics, diet or both.  We try to
select for high luster and silkiness and perhaps the silkiness is what
mitigates the prickly feeling.

Our favorite sock roving is a 50/50 Romney/adult Lincoln blend.  Both are long
stapled wools, but you get some loft and softness from the Romney while you get
durability from the adult Lincoln.

Christiane Payton
North Valley Farm
Yamhill, OR