---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Our Daily Bread <donotre...@email.rbc.org>
Date: Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 1:05 AM
Subject: Our Daily Bread -- Marking Time
To: rustyrails7...@gmail.com

[image: Our Daily Bread]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjYwMDEwNDkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODQyNDU4NjY0S0&mt=1&rt=0>
[image: Our Story]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=18&ms=MjYwMDEwNDkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODQyNDU4NjY0S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Our Daily Bread -- Marking Time

July 19, 2016
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjYwMDEwNDkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODQyNDU4NjY0S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Read: Psalm 25:1-15
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=7&ms=MjYwMDEwNDkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODQyNDU4NjY0S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Bible in a Year: Psalms 23-25; Acts 21:18-40
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=9&ms=MjYwMDEwNDkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODQyNDU4NjY0S0&mt=1&rt=0>
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=6&ms=MjYwMDEwNDkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODQyNDU4NjY0S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Let no one who waits on You be ashamed. —Psalm 25:3 nkjv
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=16&ms=MjYwMDEwNDkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODQyNDU4NjY0S0&mt=1&rt=0>

The military command, “Mark Time, March” means to march in place without
moving forward. It is an active pause in forward motion while remaining
mentally prepared and expectantly waiting the next command.

In everyday language, the term *marking time* has come to mean “motion
without progress, not getting anywhere, not doing anything important while
you wait.” It conveys a feeling of idle, meaningless waiting.

In contrast, the word *wait* in the Bible often means “to look eagerly for,
to hope, and to expect.” The psalmist, when facing great difficulties,
wrote: “O my God, I trust in You; let me not be ashamed; let not my enemies
triumph over me. Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed” (Ps.
25:2-3 nkjv).

We often have no choice about the things we must wait for—a medical
diagnosis, a job interview result, the return of a loved one—but we can
decide *how* we wait. Rather than giving in to fear or apathy, we can
continue to “march in place,” actively seeking God’s strength and direction
each day.

“Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and
teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day”
(vv. 4-5 nkjv). —David McCasland

*Lord, give me grace to embrace the pauses in my life, and to be prepared
to follow Your next command.*

Waiting on God is active trust in Him.

*INSIGHT:* The book of Psalms is actually a collection of 150 songs/poems
written for and used in Hebrew worship. These songs were composed over the
span of approximately 1,000 years, stretching from the time of Moses to
Israel’s post-exilic period. Psalm 25 is designated as an individual lament
and is attributed to David. Dennis Moles

Share With Your Friends
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=14&ms=MjYwMDEwNDkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODQyNDU4NjY0S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Featured
Video
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=8&ms=MjYwMDEwNDkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODQyNDU4NjY0S0&mt=1&rt=0>
[image: Our Daily Bread Ministries]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjYwMDEwNDkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODQyNDU4NjY0S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Our mission is to make the life-changing wisdom of the Bible understandable
and accessible to all.

Our vision is to see people of all nations experiencing a personal
relationship with Christ, growing to be more like Him, and serving in a
local body of His family.

To read today's *Our Daily Bread* online visit www.odb.org
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=12&ms=MjYwMDEwNDkS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODQyNDU4NjY0S0&mt=1&rt=0>
.

Copyright © 2016, Our Daily Bread Ministries, Grand Rapids, MI 49555 USA.
Written permission must be obtained from Our Daily Bread Ministries for any
further posting or distribution.

Scriptures taken from Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission.
All rights reserved.

USE INCREDIMAIL ONLY IN THIS GROUP
NO NUDITY ALLOWED
---