*Night Shift*

*Behold, bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who by night stand
in the house of the Lord. Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless
the Lord. The Lord that made heaven and earth bless you out of Zion. (Psalm
134:1-3)*

Years ago when I was attending seminary, I worked the night shift on
occasion. It paid a little more money than the day shift, but I was a bit
lonely. If you've ever had to work the night shift, you will appreciate
Psalm 134.

God never slumbers or sleeps. Therefore, we can serve and praise Him any
time of day. The psalmist says there were priests who prayed and praised
God in His temple at night. There was a constant repetition of praise and
prayer from the temple.

We can bless the Lord in the night seasons. It's not easy when we are going
through the nighttime experiences of life to lift our hands and bless the
Lord. But He does give us songs in the night. Paul and Silas were able to
lift their hearts in praise to God while in the Philippian jail (Acts 16).

They were on the night shift. They knew that God was awake, so they blessed
Him, and He sent deliverance. We can get some strange blessings in the
night seasons, for God speaks to us in different ways. Others may not see
your praise at night, but God sees and hears.

Whether you are in the sunshine or in the darkness, whether you are serving
on the day shift or the night shift, remember that you are serving the
Lord. Because He never slumbers or sleeps, He hears your prayer and praise
at all times, and He will bless you.

[image: InJesus] <http://www.injesus.com>

USE INCREDIMAIL ONLY IN THIS GROUP
NO NUDITY ALLOWED