<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjYxNjgxMTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYxMDMxMzM1S0&mt=1&rt=0>
[image: Our Story]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=18&ms=MjYxNjgxMTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYxMDMxMzM1S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Who Are You Defending?

August 7, 2016
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjYxNjgxMTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYxMDMxMzM1S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Read: Mark 10:13-16
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=7&ms=MjYxNjgxMTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYxMDMxMzM1S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Bible in a Year: Psalms 72-73; Romans 9:1-15
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=9&ms=MjYxNjgxMTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYxMDMxMzM1S0&mt=1&rt=0>
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=6&ms=MjYxNjgxMTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYxMDMxMzM1S0&mt=1&rt=0>

At just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the
ungodly. —Romans 5:6
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=16&ms=MjYxNjgxMTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYxMDMxMzM1S0&mt=1&rt=0>

When Kathleen’s teacher called her to the front of the grammar class to
analyze a sentence, she panicked. As a recent transfer student, she hadn’t
learned that aspect of grammar. The class laughed at her.

Instantly the teacher sprang to her defense. “She can out-write any of you
any day of the week!” he explained. Many years later, Kathleen gratefully
recalled the moment: “I started that day to try to write as well as he said
I could.” Eventually, Kathleen Parker would win a Pulitzer Prize for her
writing.

As did Kathleen’s teacher, Jesus identified with the defenseless and
vulnerable. When His disciples kept children away from Him, He grew angry.
“Let the little children come to me,” He said, “and do not hinder them”
(Mark 10:14). He reached out to a despised ethnic group, making the Good
Samaritan the hero of His parable (Luke 10:25-37) and offering genuine hope
to a searching Samaritan woman at Jacob’s well (John 4:1-26). He protected
and forgave a woman trapped in adultery (John 8:1-11). And though we were
utterly helpless, Christ gave His life for all of us (Rom. 5:6).

When we defend the vulnerable and the marginalized, we give them a chance
to realize their potential. We show them real love, and in a small but
significant way we reflect the very heart of Jesus. —Tim Gustafson

*Father, help me recognize the people in my life who need someone to stand
with them. Forgive me for thinking that it’s “not my problem.” Help me to
love others as You do.*

It is impossible to love Christ without loving others.

*INSIGHT:* Jesus rebuked the disciples for seeking to sideline children. He
actually welcomed open access to those who sought contact with Him. The
rationale given was that “the kingdom of God belongs to such as these”
(Mark 10:14). *What could Jesus possibly mean?* most likely went through
the disciples’ minds. Our Lord then qualified what He said: “Truly I tell
you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child
will never enter it” (v. 15). A child is more likely to express faith than
a skeptical adult is. We are to follow their example and believe and rely
on the promises of God. After this explanation, Jesus physically showed His
acceptance by taking the children in His arms and blessing them. Dennis
Fisher

Share With Your Friends
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=14&ms=MjYxNjgxMTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYxMDMxMzM1S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Featured
Video
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=8&ms=MjYxNjgxMTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYxMDMxMzM1S0&mt=1&rt=0>
[image: Our Daily Bread Ministries]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjYxNjgxMTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYxMDMxMzM1S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Our mission is to make the life-changing wisdom of the Bible understandable
and accessible to all.

Our vision is to see people of all nations experiencing a personal
relationship with Christ, growing to be more like Him, and serving in a
local body of His family.

To read today's *Our Daily Bread* online visit www.odb.org
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=12&ms=MjYxNjgxMTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYxMDMxMzM1S0&mt=1&rt=0>
.

Copyright © 2016, Our Daily Bread Ministries, Grand Rapids, MI 49555 USA.
Written permission must be obtained from Our Daily Bread Ministries for any
further posting or distribution.

Scriptures taken from Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission.
All rights reserved.

USE INCREDIMAIL ONLY IN THIS GROUP
NO NUDITY ALLOWED
---