<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjYzMDUxMzQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYzODUyNjEzS0&mt=1&rt=0>
[image: Our Story]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=18&ms=MjYzMDUxMzQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYzODUyNjEzS0&mt=1&rt=0>
Watch and Pray

August 24, 2016
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjYzMDUxMzQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYzODUyNjEzS0&mt=1&rt=0>

Read: Mark 14:32-42
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=7&ms=MjYzMDUxMzQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYzODUyNjEzS0&mt=1&rt=0>
Bible in a Year: Psalms 116-118; 1 Corinthians 7:1-19
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=9&ms=MjYzMDUxMzQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYzODUyNjEzS0&mt=1&rt=0>
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=6&ms=MjYzMDUxMzQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYzODUyNjEzS0&mt=1&rt=0>

Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. —Mark 14:38
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=16&ms=MjYzMDUxMzQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYzODUyNjEzS0&mt=1&rt=0>

>From my window I can see a 1,700-meter hill called the *Cerro del Borrego*
or “Hill of the Sheep.” In 1862, the French army invaded Mexico. While the
enemy camped in the central park of Orizaba, the Mexican army established
its position at the top of the hill. However, the Mexican general neglected
to guard access to the top. While the Mexican troops were sleeping, the
French attacked and killed 2,000 of them.

This reminds me of another hill, the Mount of Olives, and the garden at its
foot where a group of disciples fell asleep. Jesus rebuked them, saying,
“Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is
willing, but the flesh is weak” (Mark 14:38).

How easy it is to sleep or become careless in our Christian walk.
Temptation strikes when we are most vulnerable. When we neglect certain
areas of our spiritual lives—such as prayer and Bible study—we become
drowsy and let our guard down, making us easy targets for our enemy, Satan,
to strike (1 Peter 5:8).

We need to be alert to the possibilities of an attack and pray to maintain
vigilance. If we remain watchful and pray—for ourselves and for others—the
Spirit will enable us to resist temptation. —Keila Ochoa

*Lord Jesus, I know my spirit is willing, but my body is weak. Help me to
watch and pray today for myself and for others.*

Satan is powerless against the power of Christ.

*INSIGHT:* The garden of Gethsemane was the starting point of the
sufferings of Christ, and it could not have been more appropriately named.
In Aramaic, the word *Gethsemane* means “olive press.” In olive tree
orchards, it was normal to have a press where the harvested olives would be
placed so that a heavy stone could be rolled over them—crushing the olives
and removing the valuable oil from the fruit. That imagery precisely
describes what Christ would undergo in His own “olive press.” Imagine the
sinless Son loaded down with the weight of all the sins of the entire world
from all the ages! Bill Crowder

Share With Your Friends
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=14&ms=MjYzMDUxMzQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYzODUyNjEzS0&mt=1&rt=0>
Featured
Video
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=8&ms=MjYzMDUxMzQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYzODUyNjEzS0&mt=1&rt=0>
[image: Our Daily Bread Ministries]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjYzMDUxMzQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYzODUyNjEzS0&mt=1&rt=0>

Our mission is to make the life-changing wisdom of the Bible understandable
and accessible to all.

Our vision is to see people of all nations experiencing a personal
relationship with Christ, growing to be more like Him, and serving in a
local body of His family.

To read today's *Our Daily Bread* online visit www.odb.org
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=12&ms=MjYzMDUxMzQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYzODUyNjEzS0&mt=1&rt=0>
.

Copyright © 2016, Our Daily Bread Ministries, Grand Rapids, MI 49555 USA.
Written permission must be obtained from Our Daily Bread Ministries for any
further posting or distribution.

Scriptures taken from Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission.
All rights reserved.

USE INCREDIMAIL ONLY IN THIS GROUP
NO NUDITY ALLOWED
---