Donate]
[image: Our Story]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=18&ms=MjYzNzUxODQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwMDc5Nzg1S0&mt=1&rt=0>
“Because You Prayed”

September 1, 2016
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjYzNzUxODQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwMDc5Nzg1S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Read: Isaiah 37:9-22, 33
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=7&ms=MjYzNzUxODQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwMDc5Nzg1S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Bible in a Year: Psalms 135-136; 1 Corinthians 12
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=9&ms=MjYzNzUxODQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwMDc5Nzg1S0&mt=1&rt=0>
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=6&ms=MjYzNzUxODQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwMDc5Nzg1S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and
petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.—Philippians 4:6
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=16&ms=MjYzNzUxODQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwMDc5Nzg1S0&mt=1&rt=0>

What do you do with your worries? Do you turn them inward, or turn them
upward?

When the brutal Assyrian King Sennacherib was preparing to destroy
Jerusalem, he sent a message to King Hezekiah saying that Judah would be no
different from all the other nations he had conquered. Hezekiah took this
message to the temple in Jerusalem, and “spread it out before the Lord”
(Isa. 37:14). He then prayed and asked for help from Almighty God.

Soon afterward Isaiah the prophet delivered this message to Hezekiah from
the Lord: “Because you prayed about King Sennacherib of Assyria, the Lord
has spoken” (Isa. 37:21-22 nlt). Scripture tells us that Hezekiah’s prayer
was answered that very night. God intervened miraculously, conquering the
enemy forces outside the city gates. The Assyrian army didn’t even “shoot
an arrow” (v. 33). Sennacherib would leave Jerusalem, never to return.

Three words in God’s message to Hezekiah—“Because you prayed”—show us the
best place to go with our worries. Because Hezekiah turned to God, He
rescued him and his people. When we turn our worries into prayer, we
discover that God is faithful in unexpected ways! —James Banks

*Father, please help me to turn my worries into prayer. My problems are
better in Your hands than in my own.*

Prayer moves the hand that moves the world.  E.M. Bounds

Share With Your Friends
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=14&ms=MjYzNzUxODQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwMDc5Nzg1S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Featured
Video
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=8&ms=MjYzNzUxODQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwMDc5Nzg1S0&mt=1&rt=0>
[image: Our Daily Bread Ministries]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjYzNzUxODQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwMDc5Nzg1S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Our mission is to make the life-changing wisdom of the Bible understandable
and accessible to all.

Our vision is to see people of all nations experiencing a personal
relationship with Christ, growing to be more like Him, and serving in a
local body of His family.

To read today's *Our Daily Bread* online visit www.odb.org
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=12&ms=MjYzNzUxODQS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwMDc5Nzg1S0&mt=1&rt=0>
.

Copyright © 2016, Our Daily Bread Ministries, Grand Rapids, MI 49555 USA.
Written permission must be obtained from Our Daily Bread Ministries for any
further posting or distribution.

Scriptures taken from Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission.
All rights reserved.

USE INCREDIMAIL ONLY IN THIS GROUP
NO NUDITY ALLOWED
---