<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjY0MTg0OTcS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwNTkyNDY4S0&mt=1&rt=0>
[image: Our Story]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=18&ms=MjY0MTg0OTcS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwNTkyNDY4S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Graded with Grace

September 6, 2016
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjY0MTg0OTcS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwNTkyNDY4S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Read: Romans 5:6-15
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=7&ms=MjY0MTg0OTcS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwNTkyNDY4S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Bible in a Year: Psalms 148-150; 1 Corinthians 15:29-58
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=9&ms=MjY0MTg0OTcS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwNTkyNDY4S0&mt=1&rt=0>
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=6&ms=MjY0MTg0OTcS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwNTkyNDY4S0&mt=1&rt=0>

While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.—Romans 5:8
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=16&ms=MjY0MTg0OTcS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwNTkyNDY4S0&mt=1&rt=0>

My son’s blue eyes sparkled with excitement as he showed me a paper he had
brought home from school. It was a math test, marked with a red star and a
grade of 100 percent. As we looked at the exam, he said he had three
questions left to answer when the teacher said time was up. Puzzled, I
asked how he could have received a perfect score. He replied, “My teacher
gave me grace. She let me finish the test although I had run out of time.”

As my son and I discussed the meaning of grace, I pointed out that God has
given us more than we deserve through Christ. We deserve death because of
our sin (Rom. 3:23). Yet, “while we were still sinners, Christ died for us”
(5:8). We were unworthy, yet Jesus—sinless and holy—gave up His life so we
could escape the penalty for our sin and one day live forever in heaven.

Eternal life is a gift from God. It’s not something we earn by working for
it. We are saved by God’s grace, through faith in Christ (Eph. 2:8-9).
—Jennifer Benson Schuldt

*Dear God, Your undeserved favor has made it possible for us to be
saved from our sin. You have shown us amazing grace. Thank You for the gift
You gave. Use me to tell others about You and what You have done.*

Grace and mercy are unearned blessings.

*INSIGHT:* A key word in Romans 5 is *through*. It is used seventeen times
in this brief chapter. In today’s passage, we read that *through* Christ we
have been saved from wrath (v. 9), been reconciled to God (vv. 10-11), and
have reason to boast in God (v. 11). Christ is the mediator of our
salvation (1 Tim. 2:5).

[image: Our Daily Bread Ministries]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjY0MTg0OTcS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwNTkyNDY4S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Our mission is to make the life-changing wisdom of the Bible understandable
and accessible to all.

Our vision is to see people of all nations experiencing a personal
relationship with Christ, growing to be more like Him, and serving in a
local body of His family.

To read today's *Our Daily Bread* online visit www.odb.org
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=12&ms=MjY0MTg0OTcS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODgwNTkyNDY4S0&mt=1&rt=0>
.

Copyright © 2016, Our Daily Bread Ministries, Grand Rapids, MI 49555 USA.
Written permission must be obtained from Our Daily Bread Ministries for any
further posting or distribution.

Scriptures taken from Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission.
All rights reserved.

USE INCREDIMAIL ONLY IN THIS GROUP
NO NUDITY ALLOWED
---