<thedailyencour...@harrisburgonline.org>

*Wait For the Lord*

Psalm 27 reminds us of the confidence we can have in God.  David reminds us
of the confidence we can have that God will stand with us against our
enemies (v.1-3). David reminds us that we can have confidence in God during
times of trouble (v. 4-6). He assures us that we can have confidence of
God's acceptance when we seek Him (v. 7-12). And he reminds us that we can
express our confidence that we will see the goodness of the Lord (v. 13).
This Psalm is such a source of strength to anyone going through a difficult
time, regardless of the circumstances.

At the end of the Psalm we have a statement that both challenges us and
gives us wise counsel. It is there that we discover if we really mean what
we have read, prayed, or sung. It is there (v. 14) that he says, "Wait for
the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

When you need God to stand with you against your enemies,
    "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

When you are having trouble and need help,
    "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

When you wonder if God is still present and aware of your needs and
condition,
    "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

When you anticipate seeing the goodness of the Lord,
    "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

When your life seems to be falling apart,
    "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

When your marriage is in trouble and you are considering some options that
seem much more desirable,
    "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

When your children are growing, making decisions you disagree with, and you
are about ready to "straighten them out,"
    "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

When temptation is bearing down on you and you wonder if you'll be able to
stand up under the pressure,
    "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

When you are tired and wanting to quit,
    "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

As hard as it is to accept, there is perhaps no wiser counsel than what
David gives us when he says, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and  take heart
and wait for the Lord."

What is it that is bearing down on you today? What is it that has you ready
to run and hide? What is it that makes you want to give up your walk with
the Lord? Whatever it is, before you make any move, "Wait for the Lord; be
strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

[image: InJesus] <http://www.injesus.com>

USE INCREDIMAIL ONLY IN THIS GROUP
NO NUDITY ALLOWED
---