[image: Our Story]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=18&ms=MjY4MjA5NDAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAzMjQxMjE0S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Your Journey

October 20, 2016
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjY4MjA5NDAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAzMjQxMjE0S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Read: John 14:15-21
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=7&ms=MjY4MjA5NDAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAzMjQxMjE0S0&mt=1&rt=0>
Bible in a Year: Isaiah 59-61; 2 Thessalonians 3
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=9&ms=MjY4MjA5NDAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAzMjQxMjE0S0&mt=1&rt=0>
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=6&ms=MjY4MjA5NDAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAzMjQxMjE0S0&mt=1&rt=0>

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.—John 14:18
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=16&ms=MjY4MjA5NDAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAzMjQxMjE0S0&mt=1&rt=0>

I grew up in the rebellious 1960s and turned my back on religion. I had
attended church all my life but didn’t come to faith until my early
twenties after a terrible accident. Since that time, I have spent my adult
years telling others of Jesus’s love for us. It has been a journey.

Certainly “a journey” describes life in this broken world. On the way we
encounter mountains and valleys, rivers and plains, crowded highways and
lonely roads—highs and lows, joys and sorrows, conflict and loss, heartache
and solitude. We can’t see the road ahead, so we must take it as it comes,
not as we wish it would be.

The follower of Christ, however, never faces this journey alone. The
Scriptures remind us of the constant presence of God. There is nowhere we
can go that He is not there (Ps. 139:7-12). He will never leave us or
forsake us (Deut. 31:6; Heb. 13:5). Jesus, after promising to send the Holy
Spirit, told His disciples, “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come
to you” (John 14:18).

The challenges and opportunities we face on our journey can be met
confidently, for God has promised us His never-failing presence. —Bill
Crowder

*Loving Lord, thank You that You not only know the path I take, You walk it
with me. Help me to rely on Your presence, help, and wisdom every day of my
journey through life.*

 Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One
who is leading. Oswald Chambers, *My Utmost for His Highest.*

*INSIGHT:* Imagine how the disciples must have felt when the Master they
had followed for three and a half years said He was going away. How could
they cope with the loss of their Teacher, the one from whom flowed the
words of life? But Jesus said He would not leave them alone, for He would
send them “another Helper” (John 14:16 nkjv) who would be with them
forever. The word translated “Helper” is *paraclete*, which means
“encourager, exhorter, comforter, and intercessor.” It denotes someone who
is called alongside to help. The Spirit of Christ would now dwell within
them and be their helper and comforter. Dennis Fisher

[image: Our Daily Bread Ministries]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjY4MjA5NDAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAzMjQxMjE0S0&mt=1&rt=0>

Our mission is to make the life-changing wisdom of the Bible understandable
and accessible to all.

Our vision is to see people of all nations experiencing a personal
relationship with Christ, growing to be more like Him, and serving in a
local body of His family.

To read today's *Our Daily Bread* online visit www.odb.org
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=12&ms=MjY4MjA5NDAS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAzMjQxMjE0S0&mt=1&rt=0>
.

Copyright © 2016, Our Daily Bread Ministries, Grand Rapids, MI 49555 USA.
Written permission must be obtained from Our Daily Bread Ministries for any
further posting or distribution.

Scriptures taken from Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission.
All rights reserved.

USE INCREDIMAIL ONLY IN THIS GROUP
NO NUDITY ALLOWED
---