I don't know that the file system APIs on OSX/iOS support files larger than
LONG_LONG_MAX since they use a signed-64 bit value for offsets.

Assuming a file system supports it, pathconf(path, _PC_FILESIZEBITS) would be
the correct way to determine the maximum file size in bits. _PC_FILESIZEBITS
returns the minimum number of bits required to hold the file system's maximum
file size as a signed integer. The smallest value returned is 32.

- Jim