On Wed, August 24, 2016 18:36, Phil Dennis-Jordan wrote:

> I'm pretty sure codesigned 64-bit slices of kexts won't load on Lion or
> earlier. (never mind the /SLE vs /LE change) You'd therefore need to deploy
> a separate binary to support the 64-bit kernels of old OS versions anyway,
> which can be fat. So lack of support for 32-bit slices in 10.12 seems a
> fairly obscure problem. :-)

I don't care that 10.12 no longer allows fat binaries in the KEXT; as you say,
we have to include
an unsigned version for pre-10.8 systems in the package anyway. If it had said
"32-bits is
history, go fix your KEXT", that would have been fine. But the "codesignature
invalid" made me
waste pretty much most of a day looking in the wrong places for the problem.