On Dec 14, 2016, at 6:49 PM, Jorgen Lundman <lund...@lundman.net> wrote:
> At the moment it is a vast problem due to the unknown nature. I'm not
> entirely sure what vnode "labels" are for, or is it something wrong in the
> context struct (opaque to us) or the vnode names we set? Or a hundred other
> things...

In this case, I assume, MAC_ stands for "mandatory access control", which is an
old security nomenclature where permissions are represented by "security
labels" on every file, task, etc.. The TrustedBSD project, from which Darwin
got its MAC framework, might have some documentation on what's going on with
vnode security labels here.

Why OSX would behave differently when booting from ZFS instead of HFS, though,
I have no idea.