> On 10/12/2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > I would like to see histograms for each of the RGBI channels displayed
> >  within VueScan.  And a count of the pixels clipped to either min or max
> >  values.
<snip>

Ed Hamrick replied:

> You can do this with Photoshop.
<snip>

Ed,

Agreed, you can see the histograms in PS.  But it seems to me there would be
an advantage to having histograms in VueScan in that you could set the black
and white points (by channel if req'd) so that you capture the whole (or
desired) range without clipping or wasting bits (as in byte;-).

Going backwards and forwards between VS & PS is a real productivity killer
for me.  I do hope you haven't ruled out histograms for VueScan but will
consider adding them to the wishlist; I want to get the most out of the bits
available in the quickest way.  For myself, although I have an LS30, I'm not
interested in the IR channel histogram.

Regards

Bob Armstrong