In a message dated 11/4/2000 9:33:09 AM EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> 1. How do i set the focus for using the filmstrip holders with transparancy
>  scanning?
>  The epson seems to have two focus settings, one for glassplate level and
one
>  for the holders, which seems to be 2.5 mm difference.. the scan i just made
>  was definitly not in focus.)

It automatically uses the 2.5mm setting when doing transparency
scanning, and the glassplate setting for normal scanning.

If you want me to verify this, turn on the "Files|Output log file"
option and do a scan.  Then zip and e-mail vuescan.log to
me.  You can look yourself:

1) VueScan sends "ESC p" command
2) Scanner returns ACK (0x06)
3) VueScan sends focus position (0x00-0x4c is glass surface, 0x4d-0xff is
2.5mm above)
4) Scanner returns ACK (0x06)

VueScan uses 0x59 for transparency mode, and 0x40 for flatbed mode.

>  2. Is it possible to restrict the preview and analysis(exposure, B-W pooint
>  settings) to the small area of each of the images in the filmstrip holder,
>  which contains four strips of six images ? Is there or can you make an
>  option to save these settings, so they can be called anytime, without going
>  through the hassle of resetting everything ?

You might be able to do batch scanning with careful setting of the
Crop options.  You can set the number of frames across and down,
as well as the spacing between frames across and down.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick