Regarding the SS 4000 for sale: Does it include Silverfast 5?  Please state
this up front for all to see/know.

Also, B/H in NYC is selling a new unit for about $1350 less a $100.oo discount
from Polaroid.  Note: buy.com in California has had the best price for this
item in the past.  Look for their $30.oo discount coupon as well.

Finally, the SS 4000 might be ready to come down in price since there are new
comparable scanners just introduced (Kodak) or about to be (rumors of new Nikon
3500-4000dpi).  So all in all, $1200 is not even close to being a reasonable
price for a used SS4000.

Robert DeCandido, PhD