Herm wrote:
> Vuescan did a better job, also lots more detail in the shadow
> areas. I would say Vuescan did a better job on the scratches
> too but this only based on small web images. Thanks for the
> comparison..

Overall the results from Vuescan were far more useful - mostly because of
the colour restoration and retention of detail.  ICE did eliminate more
of the large scratches elsewhere in the photo - I'd have to post a full
frame reduced image to show that comparison.  However in either case there
was still a lot of work required to fully restore the image, but a huge
amount *less* than without any kind of automatic restoration.

Rob

Rob Geraghty [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://wordweb.com