> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of David Kent
>
> I concur... Definitely do not skimp on the scanner.  While a
> high end scanner cannot guarantee the best output, it should
> give you the best image to start with.  Just make sure that
> every piece of equipment in your workflow is correctly color
> managed, and you should be fine.

I find in my own case that the weakest link is the scanner operator.

Cary Enoch R... aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com -- "Behind all these manifestations is the
one radiance, which shines through all things. The function of art is to
reveal this radiance through the created object." ~Joseph Campbell