From: "Haydn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2002 6:51 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] FW: Software question re Nikon Coolscan 4000ED

Dear All,

I have been watching with interest the mail that passes on this board
for around 3 months now; as background info, I am an amateur
photographer and have just purchased a Nikon Coolscan 4000ED with
which I hope to digitise >20 years of accumulated photos from around
the globe.

Since I am a newcomer and a beginner to scanning, can anyone point me
to where I can find information on the relative merits of the
Nikonscan 3.1.2 software as against Vuescan or indeed any other
scanning software for that matter. Thus far I have only dipped my toe
gently into the water and after importing scanned images into
Photoshop I do my tweaking there and am reasonably happy with the
results
obtained.

I have already found the limitations of the ICE feature which
sometimes works on an image and then again, more often than not, most
definitely doesn't, but I am sure there are untold wonders on the road
ahead and would like to get to them in the shortest and least painful
manner.

Sorry to go over old ground and I hope that my question
doesn't upset anyone's applecart.

Regards and thanks.

Haydn