Ok. perhaps one of you computer mavins can help...I am technologically
challanged, to say the least. I am presently running Finale 2001 on a Power
Mac 6500/275, OS 8.1 ( I know, I know...ancient). My daughter is giving me
her I Mac, OS 10.3, in  hopes of bringing me into the present century. When
I get the I Mac, I want to upgrade to Finale 2004 (compatible, I
understand, with the OS X).

 Problem: (a)  My present 2001 upgrade CD will not load onto her I Mac,
because, it's an upgrade. When I purchase the 2004 upgrade, I'm sure it
would not load to the I Mac for the same reason. Will Finale, in your
opinion, give me a whole new (not the upgrade version) CD for 2004 for the
same price as the upgrade version ($99)?

(b) If I do receive a usuable version of 2004 from Coda, how do I transfer
my old Finale files to the new I Mac? My old computer only backs up via a
Zip Drive, and the I Mac only accepts CD roms. There may be an easy answer
to this, but I'm way to stupid to know it. Any help would be gratefully
accepted.

Thanks

True justice is an extract of pure truth; not a biproduct of plea bargains,
the eternal search for the legal loophole, or any other convolution of
litigious sophistry.  DME

Dean M. Estabrook
Director of Music
St. Andrew Presbyterian Church