I just put the SERVICE PACK 2 on my XP yesterday and tried to load 2005. Lots of problems, plus nothing (even after speaking to tech support) would load this part of the program.

The SMARTMUSIC synth choice gives no sound at all.

Also, the repeats plug-in is gone and bizarre events occur when 2004 scores created with it are brought up.

Not too complicated scores (on a 1-Gig RAM setup) elicit RAM deficiency warnings on playback.

I never really had any problems with 2004. This one seems to be a backyard delight;-)
--
Henry Howey, D.M.A.
Professor of Music