On Tuesday, November 16, 2004, at 03:10 PM, Andrew Stiller wrote:

On Nov 15, 2004, at 6:19 PM, Christopher Smith wrote:

On Monday, November 15, 2004, at 04:15 PM, Andrew Stiller wrote:

I am trying to update a file from FinMac 2K2 to 2K4. It contains an eps graphic containing my logo, wh. features a bit of music. When I update the file, the noteheads and clef *in this graphic only* appear in a default text font rather than in Petrucci or whatever music font I was using. Advice?

ALL my eps files seem to break whenever I upgrade Finale. I use eps extensively in my school handouts, and having fonts turning into Courier in a previously-functioning graphic seems to be the norm. I suspect it is connected with changing the fonts. Finale installs new versions of the usual fonts, and I think there is some internal identifier that is not read the same. Although I always check "Embed all fonts" when I create a graphic, so this should not affect me, it seems to nonetheless.

The only thing I have been able to do is re-create the graphic. Big drag, especially when there are dozens of musical examples in a text.

Christopher

I never upgraded to 2K4c. Might this fix the problem?

Hmm, I don't know, as I stopped using FinMac 2004 very quickly once I was so badly affected by the problems with the Mac version, and went directly from 2003 to 2005, where all my EPS inserts had to be reconstructed yet again.

This might be a question for tech support. If you get a satisfactory answer, please let us know.

Christopher