That's got it Robert. Thanks much.
Boy, sometimes this List is great!
All the best,
KIM R
On Dec 13, 2004, at 10:00 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: Robert Patterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Finale] TRANSPOSITION -better way?
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Go to the Transposition dialog for the staff.

Instead of using the canned Eb transposition, select Other. Then set the
Interval to 6 and the Key Alter to -9. Voila.

If you want standard Eb transposition for other parts of the piece, you
can use a Staff Style to apply the special transposition to only the
part of the piece that is in A major.

Kim Richmond wrote:
Maybe somebody can come up with the answer to this.
I've got a piece in A concert. The alto saxophone part, when transposed,
appears in F#, and I would rather have it appear in Gb. Selecting
Simplify Key in Transposition dialog of Staff attributes doesn't do it.
Also selecting Favor Flats in Option<Enharmonic Spelling does not do it.
Any answers?
All the best,
KIM