Cool ... I have never noticed.

Dean
On Jan 25, 2005, at 10:05 AM, Andrew Stiller wrote:

On Jan 25, 2005, at 12:31 PM, Dean M. Estabrook wrote:

Perhaps it would not be beyond the pale (sp?) to give credit on a score to the engraver, as well as composer, arr., etc. After all, it is artistry, no?

There is actually a long historical tradition of doing just that. In a great many pre-computer editions, you will see an engraver credit at the bottom right corner of the last page of music, in the form "Joe Blow, eng." There's no reason this practice shouldn't be continued.

To the best of my knowledge, such credits are put in by engravers on their own initiative, simply as a way of signing their work.

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://home.netcom.com/~kallisti/

I know what public school music has done for me. I have witnessed the journey it has provided my daughter and hundreds of other students I have been fortunate enough to teach. I am both amazed and outraged that there are those who would knowingly disenfranchise generations of humans by excising the practice and inculcation of an entire heritage from our children’s curricula.

Dean M. Estabrook

Retired Church Musician
Composer, Arranger
Adjudicator