A-NO-NE Music wrote:

I do have the font on my legacy Macs (so we don't screw up the legal issue here :-) but, please forgive my ignorance, I have never dealt with legacy font, and am not sure what to do with it. Font Bank certainly won't read it as far as I see, and I
don't have Classic env.

I am on windows, but because of my interest in fonts in general, have some interest in this. I understand that there are, or at least used to be, utilities which could take a legacy Mac font, and convert it to the current standard, which IIRC, is also the same standards used in Windows. Assuming one has the appropriate permissions, I assume from CODA, one could use this utility to modify the Newport Font to work in the current MAC environment.

I fear, though, I'll have to refer any questions on this, including what packages have the capability, and even if it works at all (I've been mistaken twice before, though once was when I thought I was wrong, and wasn't) to one the fonts newsgroups, perhaps <alt.binaries.mac.fonts> or <comp.fonts>.

ns