Darcy wrote, about looking for a condensed font for use in lyrics:

This is something I've been looking for, too, and for that reason, collecting collections of fonts. I've found a few promising examples on the Broderbund "Click Art Fonts 2" disk, and several more on the disk "4000 fonts", from <www.topics-ent.com>. A drawback to both of these sources is that while they may or may not be closely related to existing digital fonts, one cannot tell by the names. Also, the font "families" seem to be small in these sources, so you may have a regular and condensed width, but not a wide one.

Another factor on the upside, is that while these are commercial products, they are not expensive; I think I paid $4.99 USD for the "4000 fonts" disk, and about twenty or thirty for the Broderbund disk.