At 6:54 PM -0500 2/25/05, David W. Fenton wrote:

Wouldn't this be better done with index numbers within the tracks?

I considered that option, but at McGraw-Hill, when I was producing their recordings (not that long ago) we found that MANY teachers did not want index points, because they could not access them on their CD players. In fact, my brand new SONY boombox, though it has enough buttons for a 747, will not find indexes. So I have to go with tracks.

I agree it's a TERRIBLE idea to have so many tracks, but that's what the asked me for, and mine is not to reason why (within the limits of the technology).

Thanks, all,

Linda