On Feb 27, 2005, at 11:38 AM, Andrew Stiller wrote:

On Feb 26, 2005, at 4:38 PM, Christopher Smith wrote:

Greetings collected wisdom.

I know how to start a second ending with a tied note, but how do I start a coda with a tied note? The note in question is both tied over from the previous measure AND tied to the next measure, so my old kludge of tying it right then editing the tie in Special Tools to go backwards won't work.

Create a unison in a second layer, tie both notes and kludge one of them.

Thanks, Andrew, that seems to be the easiest solution.

I just heard back from Gary in MacSupport; and that was the solution he suggests as well.

I answered back that perhaps opt = on the Mac should create a backwards tie on ANY note, whether or not it starts a second ending. This would be a Martha Stewart-like Good Thing, IMHO.

Christopher