On Mar 2, 2005, at 4:58 PM, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

Yes, under MacOS, the window position is supposed to be written to pref
file every time an app closes. Why Finale doesn't do that, is beyond me :-(

I had a hard time with the new coloured buttons in OSX when I first started. I couldn't figure out what they were supposed to do, as they all behaved differently in different applications. Darcy told me that the green button was supposed to maximise the window to the borders of the window contents, but that is not true with the two apps I use most often: Appleworks and Finale. Appleworks always makes the window the size of an 8-1/2 X 11 page, no matter what the contents are or what magnification they are at, and Finale always mazimises to the size of the desktop, no matter what the contents of the window are. Safari seems to depend on what site I am on.

No wonder I had trouble at first!

Chirstopher