On Mar 5, 2005, at 11:45 AM, Roger Julià Satorra wrote:

No, what I want is a Bb7 (9, +11, 13), it's easier to write C/Bb7, but not by
finale!

Roger

Darcy gave you good advice about getting what you want on paper. I would gently suggest that while

Bb7

might be easier for you, it might be harder to read for the players, especially if a perfectly usable standard chord symbol already exists in the form Bb13(#11).

In my own music, I only resort to polychords when a standard chord symbol DOESN'T exist (and, by the way, in this non-standardised jazz world, it is more common to consider slanted slash chords like

C/Bb

to indicate a chord with an alternate bass note, whereas the horizontal slash as I indicated first usually indicates a polychord.)

But, neither my interests nor Finale's limitations should stop you. In fact, you should write to tech support and mention that Finale should support suffixes on the bottom chord of polychords, as I have.

Christopher