On 9 Mar 2005 at 22:57, Simon Troup wrote:

> I'm not certain that releasing unlock codes or whatever is feasible as
> it would seriously damage the companies ability to be sold on if a
> catastrophe happened, as the prvious version of the software would be
> available to use easily in unlocked form.

Uh, it wouldn't be released until the corporate entity ceased to
exist. If there's something to be sold, then it hasn't ceased. A
properly designed corporate "will" would deal with the issue of
transfer of control of the escrowed key to the new entity.

I'm wondering, though, if Dennis has any examples of software
companies that have established a key escrow program. How do they
publicize that fact, and how has it been structured?