d. collins wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] écrit:

I turned off the smart word extensions and still cannot use the underscore. NS recommended a work around entering a character such as "x".Then I entered two non-breaking spaces and another "x", underlined it and removed the two x's and it works great for me. Thanks a million for everyone's help. I sure hope they are able to fix this "bug".

Well, on my Win2004 Finale, I can do the same thing without the x's. Simply enter hard spaces (ALT 0160) and underline them. What's the point in inserting x's and then removing them?

Only for the user, to see where the non-breaking spaces are.

If you're worried about not "seeing" them, you could also enter them as any other character you don't use (%, for instance), and then with Finalescript do a search and replace (adding the underlining at the same time, since the script allows for changes of "style").

Though the original question was for 2k4, which has finalescript capability, I made it a point of providing a solution that works back as far as 2k, which lacks Finalescript compatability.

ns