On Mar 19, 2005, at 3:30 PM, John Roberts wrote:

I was hoping to make a small library of articulations (simple guitar
fingerings) to send to a friend still using Finale 97. A quick experiment
seems to indicate that to do even this little thing I would need to create
the library in Fin 97 or earlier. Is this indeed the case or is there a way
to get around it?

(I'm on Mac, using 2001 and 2003 until they fix 2005 - ha ha).

Thanks,
John Roberts

No, I'm afraid that libraries are not compatible between versions, even between platforms (much to my surprise!). It would be better to send him a Finale document (created with Fin 97) and let him extract the libraries himself, as I have had very poor success with sending libraries even to others on the same platform as myself.

Christopher