Hi Richard,

As Noel and David have mentioned, you can use MusicXML format to go
between Sibelius and Finale. As with MIDI files, you write a MusicXML
file from Sibelius, then read the MusicXML into Finale. But you'll get a
lot more of the notation details with MusicXML than with MIDI, even with
the restrictions imposed by the limits of the Sibelius plug-in
development tools.

Our Dolet for Sibelius plug-in runs on Sibelius 2.1 and 3.1 on both
Windows and Mac. The Finale situation is different on Windows and Mac.
On Windows, Dolet Light for Finale has been included since Finale 2003.
However, the full version does a better job with Sibelius tablature than
the light version. You can also use the full version with any Finale for
Windows from 2000 on.

On Macintosh OS X, V2 of Dolet for Finale is available for Finale 2004
and 2005. If you're on OS 9, there's no plug-in available, but we can do
the translation for you with our file translations services.

All the plug-ins and file translation services are available at our
site:

  http://store.recordare.com/software.html

Best regards,

Michael Good