Load slot 1 with player one -- then hold shift and load player 2 into same slot.

Jerry

On 19-Mar-05, at 11:13 PM, John Bell wrote:

On 15 Mar 2005, at 14:23, Gerald Berg wrote:

John
You're in the game now -- the hunt begins in earnest. At this point you have your strings on channels 33-36

Midi channels 1-16 are set for playback in slot 1 (Midi set-up pop down menu) -- channels 17-32 slot 2 etc. -- you can load two players to 1 slot (by holding down shift in midi set-up) -- 2 players = 16 'instances' -- for the second instance however you must MANUALLY change the midi channels in the 2nd player from 1-8 to 9-16.

IOW
instances 1/2 - channel 1-16
instance 3/4 - 17-32
inst. 4/5 - 33-48
inst. 6/7 - 49-64

Thanks Jerry

But I'm afraid I don't follow you. I've now got GPO working fine (FinMac 2005b) and it sounds great. But I can't see how I can load more than 32 patches -- 8 each in Players 1,2,3 & 4.

Holding down shift in midi set-up, err, do you mean while selecting the midi channel? I can't find how this works. I still can't see how I can load more than one instrument into one slot. Sorry to be so dim, I'm clearly misunderstanding you. Unless you're in Windows and there is a platform difference here.

John