On Mar 20, 2005, at 5:34 PM, Keith Helgesen wrote:

<x-tad-bigger> </x-tad-bigger>

<x-tad-bigger>Is it possible, in Win Fin 2001 to put a “Small note” cue melody line above a drum part which is largely staff style measure or double measure repeats.</x-tad-bigger>

<x-tad-bigger> </x-tad-bigger>

<x-tad-bigger>I have no prob putting a cue line over a drum part, but how do I do it  over staff style measure repeats.</x-tad-bigger>

I don't actually suggest this, as the one-bar repeat means to literally play the previous bar exactly, whereas you are contradicting that by putting cues in the measure (assuming you mean the drummer to play them!) But this is how:

1) To make Slash Notation, Rhythmic Notation, and One and Two-bar Repeat staff styles show notes in other layers (essential for drum parts!)
Select the Staff Tool (looks like a treble clef)
Staff Menu>Define Staff Styles
Beside “Available Styles” select “Slash Notation”
Directly below that about two inches is a check box and “Alternate Notation.” Click on the “Select” button just below that.
In the “Alternate Notation” dialogue box at the bottom, there are four options available; “Show Items Attached to Notes, Show Notes in Other Layers, Show Items Attached to Notes in Other Layers, and Add Dots to Slashes in Compound Meters.” ALL of them should be checked.
Click OK

Beside “Available Styles” select “Rhythmic Notation” (or One bar repeat, or Two bar repeats)
Click on the “Select” button just below “Alternate Notation” again
In the “Alternate Notation” dialogue box at the bottom, there are four options available; “Show Items Attached to Notes, Show Notes in Other Layers, Show Items Attached to Notes in Other Layers, and Stems up in Rhythmic Notation”. Check ONLY the first three; leave the stem direction alone.
Click OK,

Repeat the above paragraph for other styles as necessary, then click OK in the Staff Styles dialogue box.

Christopher