Eric Dussault wrote:

I haven't timed the exact duration of eps. export, but I've seen it
take around 8-10 seconds per page on big scores. About 4-5 seconds is
what I estimate it takes for normal sized music.

Times for my old Power Mac G4 (500 MHz), OS X 10.3.5, FinMac04c r1:

1. large 11" X 17" orchestral score with 27 staves: 57 secs. rotating eighth note, 1 sec. with that EPS export progress window.

2. letter size page with 9 staves: 13 secs. rotating eighth note, 1 sec. with progress window.

I emailed MM in July of 2004 about these long export times (EPS export was very fast in previous versions of Finale under OS 9), and they replied:

"Finale 2004 in general will be slower number 1 because it is under OSX (a more processor-intensive operating system to begin with), as well as the fact that it is not yet fully optimized for OSX having just been ported over from OS9 code (dating back over 14 years ago!)."

I did everything they suggested, but it did not speed up export times.

I just hope a dual-2.5 GHz Power Mac G5 with Finale 2005 or 2006 will perform EPS exports at a decent speed without that stupid font warning window (fixed in Fin05, I hope).

Paul Hayden

--
Magnolia Music Press <http://www.paulhayden.com>
6319 Riverbend Blvd. Baton Rouge, LA 70820