Title: Re: [Finale] Mastering Page Layout
Another good one is Finale Power by Mark Johnson

Allen

On 3/26/05 6:54 PM, "Godofredo Romero" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> saith:

Finale, An Easy Guide to Music Notation, Berklee Press, by Thomas E. Rudolph and Vincent a. Leonard,jr has a chapter dedicated to page layout. This might be what you are looking for. I own a copy of this book and keep it next to me all the time. If it weren't for this valuable book it would have taken me a lot longer to learn finale.
Godofredo

P.S
I am also a graphic designer and graphic arts - printing- expert so I know exactly what you are talking about.

Paul Besco wrote:
I'm delving into FInale from the desk top publishing side with much experience with text and image manipulation for press. My portal for music publishing was Smartmusic and Printmusic, both handled page layout in their own way. Printmusic work did not prepare me for Finale, which seems to be somewhere between Smartmusic and Printmusic in the sense, that it doesn't quite seem to do what previous dtp experience would lead one to expect. I'm having trouble grasping the relationship between the huge Page Layout Options for Score dialog and the System and Page Margin dialogs. The manual is very thorough, but attempting to get a copy of a piano piece to lay on the page like I want is a push-me-pull-you affair between the various dialogs. Does anyone have a link to a discussion about these dialog relationships or can recommend a text book?
 Paul Besco, Rags & Design
Sonoma California