Since you bring up cross-layer, I have to mention that I recently had
a situation in which an eighth note's flag from Layer 1 collided with
the next eighth note in Layer 2. I got around it by appending an
accidental to the Layer 2 note, respacing, and removing the
accidental... but it shouldn't have needed a workaround to space
something that simple, should it?

Brad

On Apr 4, 2005 5:33 AM, Johannes Gebauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have noticed such cases, specifically yesterday, where cross-layer
> accidental spacing didn't work properly.
>
> Can you send me an example measure, or does it happen completely randomly?
>
> Johannes
>
> David Horne schrieb:
> > I notice that Finale will not always space individual measures
> > correctly- specifically it will ignore certain accidentals, causing them
> > to be crushed tothether. It seems quite random. FWIW, this is something
> > I've noticed in all versions I've used in the last few years, but its
> > infrequency has meant it hasn't particularly bothered me. Sometimes, it
> > might be the addition of mid-measure clefs which screws things up, but
> > not always. Maybe just a complex juxtaposition of tuplets- it varies.
> > However, I'm noticing this more in Fin 2005 than before. Again, it's not
> > particularly frequent- at the moment maybe every 50 bars or so in a
> > chamber work. Has anyone else noticed this, and is there anything that
> > can be done to fix it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > David
> >

> --
> http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
> http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de

Brad Beyenhof
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
my blog: http://augmentedfourth.blogspot.com
Life would be so much easier if only (3/2)^12=(2/1)^7.