[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

As I am committing myself to learn this product, is it worth upgrading to the current version, or should I stay on 2003a and wait for the next version ?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

The next version should be available in August, if MakeMusic holds true to past performance, so my advice would be to stay on 2003 and get more comfortable with it and then upgrade to 2006 when it becomes available.

Even then, you might wish to wait until some early adopters have gotten it and reported to the group if it is a worthwhile upgrade. Sometimes there are very significant improvements under the hood and some very significant improvements overall as well, such as when Staff Styles were introduced. Other times there are minor improvements under the hood and all the rest is simply bells and whistles aimed at attracting new users but which offer the long-time experienced user nothing at all.

And there are long-standing problems which seem never to get addressed, such as eps export on the windows platform, although we have heard rumors that they are actually working on that.

--
David H. Bailey