To me a sus4 chord and an add4 chord are different. The sus4 has no third, whereas the add4 would probably have one.

The difference between a 9 and a sus2/add2 chord is whether or not the 7th is present. An add 2/add9 chord is just a major triad with a second/ninth added. A 9th chord implies a 7th chord as a basic structure.

Same thing goes for the C13 vs Cadd6. Their basic structures are different as are their functions. The Cadd6 is a tonic function chord and is a major triad with a major sixth instead of a seventh. The C13 is a dominant function chord and implies a dominant seventh chord underneath. The ninth and eleventh may be present but needn't be.

Just what I recall from my theory classes.
Taris