On Apr 26, 2005, at 10:44 AM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

I have no idea when the duplicates showed up, because they are exact copies of the original, superimposed perfectly. There is no way to even tell they're there except by clicking on them individually and dragging, to see if they leave their clone behind.

Frankly, I'm stumped.

Hmm, so am I. Are you CERTAIN that they are actually there? That is, are they still there after a cmd-D screen redraw? I sometimes get "ghosts" of things I have moved until I redraw. They look quite real, too.

When you open an old file, try checking right away to see if they are there. You could try checking in 2004 as well, to see if they are there.

Christopher