On May 3, 2005, at 9:03 PM, John Bell wrote:

On 4 May 2005, at 01:49, Noel Stoutenburg wrote:

OK, I think this is how I'd do it: go to options > document settings > notation options, make a note of the figure in the "grace note" box, and then change the value to 100. Now, notate your grace note, use the re-size tool to change the size to the value you noted in the notation option box for the grace note, and then apply the key to make the note you just entered and resized a grace.
If I've reasoned it out correctly, what this should do, is give you a regular note, which you manually resize, in the process resizing the lyric and everything else associated with the note, and then making it the reduces size note a grace note of 100 percent size, which will give it all the other characteristics (such as not adding a fraction of a beat) of a grace note.

That's most ingenious, but by my calculation very slightly more labour intensive than Christopher Smith's more prosaic suggestion of resizing the syllable in Edit Lyrics.

John

Not if he has SIX verses of solid and open holes to resize! I vote for Noel's method!

Christopher