Neal Schermerhorn wrote:
For those who have already successfully found a set of settings to print a
part out at "marching band" size, could you share the values you use? (I'd
be printing to 8 1/2 x 11, and the paper would then be cut down.)

Neal Schermerhorn

I just printed a marching band arrangement.

In page layout, I changed the page size to width: 6.75, height: 5.25, Landscape.

I then printed each part on a single sheet of 8.5x11 in portrait mode.

I used my word processor to print special paper with a vertical line running the length of the page at 6.75" from the left edge, and a horizontal line running 6.75" in, printing at 5.25" from the top edge, as an easy guide for cutting the pages apart.

Then I printed all the parts in Finale on that paper and cut out half of them and taped them into the guidelines, so I could simply photocopy these masters. I printed several copies of certain parts where a band would need more of that particular instrument, so that in the end I can simply photocopy 2 of each sheet and have a complete band set.

I didn't bother with trying to print twice on the same sheet, to avoid the cut-and-tape assembly step, simply because I figured it would take longer to work that out than to do it my way.

--
David H. Bailey