On 22 May 2005 at 21:36, Michael Cook wrote:

> Which version of Finale are you using? Note spacing with independent
> time signatures was broken for several years, but as far as I know it
> works correctly in Finale 2005. If you're using 2005 and there's still
> a problem, I'd be interested to have more details: maybe you could
> send me a copy of the problematic passage.

I'm using WinFin2K3.

I am not planning to upgrade because of two reasons:

1. the activation systemm without key escrow, AND

2. not enough useful new features/fixes to justify the upgrade.

While I'd love to have correct spacing for this particular file, this
is the first time in nearly 15 years of my use of Finale that I've
used it.

Should I ever need it again, I'll make the time signature change
cosmetic and enter the notes as tuplets. That would have been very
easy in the present case because it's rhythmically homogenous, so I
could easily use the CAPS LOCK in speedy entry to enter it very fast.