Darcy James Argue / 2005/06/23 / 03:14 AM wrote:

>Jazz violin is actually much more common than C-Melody sax.  There are
>lots of jazz violinists in NYC, so I'm sure there are at least a few in
>the Bay Area.

Jazz violin trend is happening only last few years on this side of
coast.  What I mean is we started to see really capable (read groovin')
jazz violin players and they are getting good attention these days, but
it was not like this 10 years ago even after Tutu.

Which brings another question.  There got to be a distinction between
acoustic and electric jazz violin as you can't say jazz guitar without
defining electric and nylon, right?

By the way, I am still waiting Gary to respond to my GPO registration
issue but to no avail.  What's my option?

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>