On 07 Jul 2005, at 7:18 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

No, it wouldn't.

Yes, I knew you'd object. I'm actually pretty sympathetic to your view, but I also have good reason to believe a multi-file equivalent to Dynamic Parts (perhaps implemented by plug-ins -- e.g., "Update score based on this part" and "Update parts based on this score") is vastly more likely to be implemented than a single-file solution, at least in the short term.

So, for the moment, can we put aside the issue of technical hurdles? It's the "harmonizing potential conflicts" aspect that I'm more interested in.

Let's put it another way -- let's say you *had* to come up with a multi-file, manually synchronized plugin equivalent to Sibelius's Dynamic Parts. What would that look like? How would you want it to resolve discrepancies between score and parts?

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY