On 9 Jul 2005 at 19:46, Ken  Durling wrote:

> At 05:18 PM 7/9/2005, you wrote:
> >
> > > When you R-click in Create>Text> Metronome Mark , you get a
> > > context menu that has a Q note, as well as others, which you can
> > > select and then follow with =158 or whatever.
> >
> >Ok, I can do that, after about 10 tries.
>
> What, are you trying to do it with your feet??    Come on.

Well, the problem is caused by the lack of clarity of what is
selected and what is not. I still don't know what I did right to get
the context menu that allows me to insert a quarter note. I haven't a
clue.

> Anyway. I'm not trying to convert you, just address some basic
> misapprehensions.  Enough bandwidth already.

Well, I think it's quite clear from my having gone back to try the
same things in the Sibelius 3 demo that there are quite serious
performance problems in Sibelius 4. There is certainly a substantial
reduction in responsiveness of basic UI interaction, and that's the
source of most of my problems -- the cursor comes up eventually, but
I have to wait for it.

It's obviously never going to work for me unless they do an update
that fixes the performance problems.