On Jul 9, 2005, at 2:14 AM, Lon Price wrote:

1.  Virtually <every> slur has to be tweaked.  If I change the music spacing I can pretty much count on slurs going haywire, being drawn at an ungodly height, for instance, and colliding with all manner of notational elements--ties, accidentals, expressions, etc.  But even when I let Finale do the spacing, slurs still get drawn at ungodly heights.  Transposing the music makes slurs go nuts too.

Slurs are imperfect but they're not that bad. You should be able to get good results on 90%+ slurs with decent settings. I don't even know what out-of-the-box settings are like, since I always use my own. Maybe they suck. If so, MakeMusic could accomplish a lot without touching the program at all and just making some decent templates.

If you don't want to think about slur settings, you ought to be able to copy them outright from someone else. Didn't somebody publish a basic Finale template somewhere?

mdl