At 04:01 PM 7/13/2005, you wrote:
Sibelius
DOES ask you to specify the accidentals and
augmentation dots before entering the notes. This is
not optional unless you backtrack to the note, a
method which is obviously not efficient.

Hello Tyler,

Well, this brings us right back to the point I have been making for years on this list. Both programs have a combination of annoyances and features. If the features column for you is longer than the annoyances, then you make your choice and *find ways to work around the annoyances. Discussions like this help us root out those annoyances to see if there are congenial solutions.

For example, in Sibelius, I have 1-key macros for each accidental & aug. dots. Each macro goes back, adds the required character and flips back to entry position, waiting for the next note; as fast & simple as Finale.

*F to enter a fermata is a reflex for me.

For me too............in BOTH Sibelius and Finale.

We all can come to terms with both the Angels and the Devils in our work, one way or another.

Dan Carno

Daniel Carno
Music Engraving Services
Quality work in Sibelius, Finale, and Score
4514 Makyes Road
Syracuse, New York 13215
(315) 492-2987