Darcy James Argue wrote:

On 15 Jul 2005, at 1:37 PM, John Howell wrote:

Umm, am I the only one to whom it has occurred that at the very least, alto and tenor sax are ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTS, and are played with a sound the is quite different from a jazz sound? As are the saxes in wind ensembles. Thinking that a single set of sax samples will serve all possible uses just isn't realistic. There's no question but that they belonged in the orchestral set of samples. Somebody dropped the ball, or wasn't thinking in real world terms.

John,

Sibelius does not include separate "classical" and "jazz" saxophones either. In fact, it does not include separate saxophones, period -- just tenor sax.

So because the competition doesn't do something, Finale is off the hook?

I do realize that when the competition DOES do something, we expect, hope, pray that Finale might follow suit, but I'm not quite sure that since the competition doesn't do something, it's alright for Finale not to do it.

What ever happened to Finale trying to be a market LEADER (which by definition means doing something FIRST), instead of being a follower?

Do you mean to imply that if I can convince Sibelius to improve their soundset, that Finale will follow suit and that by complaining to [EMAIL PROTECTED] I'm following the wrong path to getting my wish?

--
David H. Bailey